Home - About Me - Salvation - Statement of Faith - Links

Testimonies - Encouragement - Inspiration - Message Archive



Power In Prayer


This is my story of how Jesus brought me through my Sickness. He
lifted me! I never knew I really had a serious problem. I started having
pain, and I was told it was adhesions, from my 2 cesareans. The pain got
worse and worse, it was unbearable. I took Ibuprofen. I had to lay down for a
hr or so. I got my hymnal out and sang praises to God! I was lifted up! This
went on since 1995.

August 17th, 1998 I thought I had a bad flu. I was in bed day and
night. For 5 days. I was so weak. I was throwing up for 5 days also. My
husband called my OB, because he thought I might be Pregnant. The day I was
supposed to go see my Dr, I ended up in the emergency room. The pains were
terrible. I couldn't go to the bathroom even. The next morning, I was almost
blue, I was dizzy, I had 2 seizures. my husband said, my eyes were sunk in my
head. I didn't know what was going on with me. I knew I was being taken out
of my house by an ambulance. I have 2 daughters. My oldest Robin, now is 19,
she said Please don't let anything happen to my mommy. The ambulance squad
couldn't get any blood from me, they said she is crashing. I Prayed and asked
God to take care of me, and watch over my family. This was the first time I
had to go to the hospital and spend time there. It is my second, sorry. When
I was younger, I had seizures. I had pelvic epilepsy. The Dr. told me after I
had children it may go away. Well, when I was pregnant with my second, she is
now 9 yrs. old. I had an EEG. The results were negative. Jesus healed me. The
seizures I was having were from the dehydration, and my body was so weak,
when I was sick.

I was in the emergency room, all day. After about 4 hrs, they finally
got blood from me. I was so happy I said Thank You Jesus. Nurses and Doctors
had a hard time getting blood from my veins. They then had to get blood from
my femur artery vein, it was hooked up for about 5 days. I was hooked up to
many IV's. There must have been 12 Nurses and Doctors there. I heard that if
I didn't get to the hospital within the next 10 minutes, I would have been
dead. My Mom flew in from PA, and stayed with me in ICU all day, every day
with me. Then when the girls got home from school she spent time with them,
then came back to see me after. I really appreciated her being there with me.
She told me how fortunate she is to have me here, and on Christmas, she told
me the best Christmas gift this year is having me still here with her. We
both cried. She cried allot, then I cried, different times in the hospital.
When I first came to the emergency room, my husband couldn't come see me
because of the complications of not being able to get blood from me, and how
sick I was. He had many phone calls from Friends, and Family, the phone was
ringing off the hook. It was about 9:00 at night, I finally got a room in the
ICU, but we had to go across the street to another hospital, because they
didn't have room in the new hospital. I knew I was in good hands, that all I
went through Jesus was always with me. Nurses couldn't believe that I had a
smile on my face, when I was so sick. Then they knew it was the faith I have
in God. It was hard my youngest couldn't come see me. She did get to see me
through the window one day, that made my day!!! The hard thing was, my
oldest daughter didn't really know how sick I was, my husband had to keep it
from her, because I was so near death for about 2 days.

They had to keep the pints of the liquid that I was throwing up, they
got 14 pints, this was after I took medicine to stop throwing up. It was my
bowels I was throwing up. I had MANY tests the 4 days I was in ICU. It was
very scary for me to go through, I had upper and lower GI's. One Dr. told me
I could have permanent kidney damage, and I had ulcers. I kept Praying. God
brought me through each test. I read my Bible everyday, and kept my eyes on

I am thankful I lived not far from the hospital, I called my daughters
whenever I could. My Dad and Step-mom came to visit from SC. I had calls from
my Sisters also, they couldn't come, because they lived up North, and
couldn't leave their jobs. It was nice hearing from them on the phone. My
Husband was in to see me different times also. People from my Church came to
visit me, and also I had dear Friends call me from the Internet. My Choir
Director came to see me everyday, I really appreciated that. My Best Friend,
started a Prayer Chain for me, the day I went in the hospital. God is so good
to me. I felt the Power of the Prayers daily.

I had one test, that the results came back as a mass in my lower
abdomen. I was really scared. What it was is, I had an incarcinated Hernia.
It could have exploded any time. I met very nice Nurses, still I go see them
and give them hugs, and we talk. They blessed me. They couldn't believe how I
progressed so quickly! I smiled, and said Jesus gave me Victory through this.
When I left one of the nurses cried, and told me to pray for her, she was
having women problems. One doctor told me, he was looking in the paper for my
obituary. I couldn't believe how sick I really was, Jesus knew all long, I
was safe with him, and he never left my side.

I was to have surgery the next day, after they told me I had a mass.
My mom stayed with me all night, I was up different times with diarrhea, from
the stuff I had to drink earlier. It was AWFUL!! Surgery went fine the next
morning. I had allot of visitors that afternoon. The nurse told me I had to
get up and walk in a couple of hours. I Prayed that God will touch me in a
special way, and take the pain away, because I had PAIN. When I got up to
walk, I felt a pull in my abdomen, it was an awesome feeling. Jesus took away
all the pain, I was healed that moment!!! No one could believe, that I never
had pain when I walked. I said Jesus took the pain away, and gave me VICTORY.
I knew that even through the hard times I went through, It was Jesus who
touched me and healed me!

I was in the hospital for 11 days, it seemed to be the longest days of
my life. I thank Jesus everyday for giving me a second chance in life, and
appreciate life so much more. I even appreciate my Family more. I live each
day fully trusting in God, because, you never know how much more time you may
have left. I keep my eyes on Jesus.

My 2 daughters are saved. PRAISE GOD!!!

God Bless You,


Previous Testimony

Next Testimony


Back to Testimony Contents 3